Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello and Welcome!!!

Hello to all my human and animal friends!
I am Machi and this is my blog. Mom said it was okay for me to start this, she is even helping me with it. She said that this is a place for me to post my musings for everyone to enjoy.
Now, today I gots some things on my mind. Mostly its about all them homeless animals. Its just not right that there are all those little critters out there without any human families to love them and spoil them and shower them with treats and toys and cuddles and kisses.
It is of my most high and knowledgeable opinion that every human should have an animal child. More than one actually. But if for some reason, you can't have one due to those things called allergies or where you live or other things like that, well there are still things you can do to help the little critters find their forever families.
You can donate money to your local animal shelters. That goes towards caring for the animals until their families come for them. It provides food and vet care and toys and beds and shelter so that they are safe.
You can help out in the shelters. Cleaning kennels and beds, feeding, and playing with the animals. My mom does this when she can. I am glad that she does.
Most animal shelters participate in Adoption Events, and you can help out with those. Setting up and taking down the kennels and tents and stuff. Making sure the the kennels have fresh water for whichever animal is hanging out in that kennel. Mom does this too. I think it is great.
A lot of the shelters use computers to keep track of the animals in their care, as well as adoption information. And can use help keeping those files up to date and entering in past files. Currently Mom is working on a bunch of files for one of our local shelters. It is a lot of work, but I know that she feels that in the end it is all worth it.
Another thing that you can do to help out the homeless animals is to encourage friends and families to spay and neuter their animals if they haven't already done that. The less animals being born means less animals ending up in shelters and on the streets.
My last comment is Adopt, don't buy. Puppies Aren't Products.

No comments:

Post a Comment